Saturday, May 16, 2009

Grandma buys new boots . . .


Brenden wearing his "new boots" with shorts . . .

When I was little girl I my grandma always took us out for a new pair of cowboy boots early in the fall. Maybe I don't really remember one specific time, more like a picture book image of the cool boots; sitting on the floor at the feed store, the smell of new leather, the time my little sister wanted a certain pair so bad that she insisted they fit even though the paper was still in the toe . . .

I bought Trinity her boots over the years, my gosh it was sooo much fun, she always had to have pink.

So when fall started approaching I did the grandma thing with Terri's boys for the first time, they settled on Ropers like their grandpa and their daddy. Those little ropers were the cutest boots I had ever seen. The boys had so much fun, it was a really good time with them. I hope they always remember "new-boot-days" the way I do.


Trinity and my niece Emma with the matching pink boots I bought them one fall.


Hayden and his daddy Steven decked out in cowboy gear.